Friday, July 4, 2008

Damn! why I never sense the vibe

Im Yours - Jason Mraz


Couple of days ago, I had afternoon coffee with Gerald and Nanthinee - my closest friends on campus. We sat down and had chat for almost three hours. Mainly, we talked about relationships. Out of nowhere, I told them that K called me last week and talked to me almost an hour. K is our friend on campus but we are not really close to him. He asked me to have lunch with him, as a return because I helped him throughout the semester. Without hesitation, I agreed to it and said to him and I would bring Gerald and Nanthinee to join with us.

I had not thought it would matter that much until Gerald brought this issue to the surface.
"Why don't u just reject the offer, and saying that he does not owe you anything", said Gerald
"Why would I do that? I'm just being friendly", I response
"Yeah well, I'm afraid he misunderstood you. Cmon, he talked to you almost an hour. Don't you think it's weird", said Gerald
"Don't be to alarmed. He knows I'm in relationship. So I guess, that misunderstanding you're talking about is not true", I argued
"What kind of conversation, you actually had with him over the phone?", he asked
"Just simple conversation like you guys and I always have", I answered
"Did you talk alot about your boyfriend?", he interrogate me
"No.. cos he did not ask"
"That's the point! you don't have picture of your bf and u on facebook, you dont talk alot about your bf. He might think that you lied that you're in relationship or he suspect that you are not serious." He explains....
"Oh my God, I'm just being friendly. That's it! Like I'm being friendly to you guys"
"I know you're friendly, but do not be too friendly. It's not good Mirna. We are closer to you and we know you, that's why we never misunderstood you. but he is not close to you so, perhaps there's slightly chance that he get your response the wrong way", said Gerald

Nanthinee added, "Yeah I guess, you need to step back little bit. Hey you know, I helped him too but he does not ask me!!"
Gerald, "See! that's what I'm talking about. Just limit your phone conversation next time he calls you. Well hopefully, I'm wrong. But I suspect he might have feeling for you or even worse, he just want to get you in bed!"
"Hey! don't scare me by saying that", I said
"I dont scare you, just alarm you. Hey, remember when you had the psycho guy chasing after you, you couldn't stop him until you stop being friendly to him", Gerald said.


Why I would never be able to sense the vibe when guys has crush on me. It happen quite often since junior high. I never realized it until my friends told me that. My friends were the ones who can feel the vibe if there was guy liking me. Because of "this lack of talent", I had been snapped with one of my friends in high school. He said to me in front of my class mates, "Hey Mirna, I like you alot" and I was laughing and laughing....while everyone was quite and staring at me furiously. I said to him, "Well thanks, that's quite funny". "Hey, be serious!! Don't take this as a joke cos I'm deadly serious saying this to you!" he angered. I was stoned for a while. I thought he was joking cos most of time, he always made a joke and I did not feel that he liked me.

Before I was in relationship with my bf, I did not sense the vibe too!! until my bestfriend, Rina told me.
She asked me on the day after I had him coming over to my house, "So how was it?".
"It was nice and we talked alot, he went home quite late at 11", I answered
"huh? what time he came to your house?", she asked
"Around 7, I guess. Why?"
"I think he likes you, he enjoys talking to you" she said
"Oh no no no.....he did that because I'm his bestfriend's sister"
"Ah..don't be stupid! you will soon find out that he likes you. Trust me", She replied

She was right.
Gee,are Gerald and Nathinee right that I need to get more lessons on "how to sense the vibe"?






3 beautiful persons stopped by:

Ms Mushroom said...

Hue hue ... new one di blogspot? isinya masih dikit :p ? ... Mirna temennya Ratri kan ?? Wah blognya bahasa inggrisan, kesian akunya jadi agak buta huruf ya, hahahaha ...

Okey, silahkan di link, ntar kulink balik deh ...

Duuh lagunya Jason Mraz !!!

Unknown said...

maybe you should buy a new sensor to sense the vibe :p

thanks for the song mir

Mirna said...

yeah haha
that probably good idea

Post a Comment